Final Picture Hunt

So I may in fact be on the last picture hunt for Trials. Hopefully. I really hate picture hunts. But, as per usual, the people (i.e. you) have come to expect a certain level of visual stimulation, I wouldn't want to let anyone down.

Day 6 is going to be interesting. More free-form, do-your-own-thing-sort-of. You'll still have an objective that's clearly defined, but there will be some, or at least one diversion that may or may not bear fruit should you choose to investigate it. The trick is to make you feel like you're in a big open space, with lots to do, even though there isn't. Seriously, you're there for one or two reasons, so all of your actions will revolve around those reasons.

Of course, Day 6 will be the only trial with a failure condition. In the previous two trials, the only way you could fail was by getting caught up in the illusion, which wasn't really a failure so much as an ending of acceptance. In the third trial, if you don't play your cards right (there will be leeway, don't worry), or if your stats are truly abysmal, then you can actually fail to meet the objectives. There will be an "I win" button of sorts, but it won't be easy to find, and has better uses, and can be lost forever. So, what happens if you fail to accomplish the objective? Do you fail the trial but get returned to the real world? Does the trial continue indefinitely? Do you get to start over and try again?

Well, I know, but I'm not telling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Swing of Things

Ghaaaw, I wish I went to Gencon